Bounce Back Recycling creates jobs by offering domestic & commercial collection and recycling services for mattresses and furniture.
For mattress please call us on 091 760877 for a quote, and we will calculate the distance from our recycling centre.
We provide a collection service to business clients from both public and private organisations. The cost will depend on our consideration of three core measurable elements. When calculating cost we consider:
- Frequency of collections.
- Distance from our recycling depo.
If you wish to receive a price quote please contact us by phone or email with your particulars and service requirements. We will be happy to answer any questions / queries you may have.
The key environmental problems with mattress disposal are:
- Mattresses are bulky and take up a lot of space in landfill sites.
- Mattresses that end up in landfill only start to decompose after 15 years, but elements such as polyurethane foam (PU) can take up to 100 years, and steel springs over 50 years to decompose.
- Mattress springs can get bound up in landfill machinery wheels.
- Mattresses can cause pockets or voids in landfills.
The Solutions provided by BBR include:
- Divert mattresses from landfill.
- Recycle. We recycle what we can, and are currently developing products which we hope to produce and sell.
- Recover valuable materials.
- Research. Waste is a growing environmental issue, so we are always researching new solutions as well as gathering new data.
Over 3,000 mattresses were recycled in 2017. BBR now works with three waste companies and local authorities diverting mattresses from landfill while using various components to trial and research different products, and is currently on target to recycle 10,000 mattresses in 2018. This is in part due to the success of our ‘amnesty days’ which we held in the Connacht/Ulster region, inviting the general public to leave their discarded mattresses at specific drop-off points.